Amenities & Services
Lurie Terrace residents live active lives that thrive in the center of Ann Arbor’s Old West Side. The charm of this neighborhood offers our residents a unique community, unmatched by any other senior complex in the area.
Lurie Terrace is adjacent to beautiful West Park, with its’ walking paths, tennis courts and bandshell and just a few blocks from the vibrant downtown of Ann Arbor with its variety of eclectic restaurants, boutiques and bookstores. Also nearby is the University of Michigan campus offering musical, cultural, social and athletic events for the entire community.
Apartment Amenities and Services
Our residents enjoy a certain kind of lifestyle while living at Lurie Terrace Apartments, supported by our fabulous amenities and services.
- A smoke free building and campus
- Professional on-site management and maintenance
- Key card managed building access with entry surveillance
- Emergency evening and weekend Staff – resident staff are on-call throughout the evening and weekend hours for your convenience and safety
- Third-party rent billing, by request
- Surface lot and covered parking
- Coin-operated laundry center
- Free wi-fi on 8th floor
- Apartments are cable-ready and wired for phone service
- Heat and air-conditioning individually controlled in each room
- Outdoor flower and vegetable plots for gardening
- Pet friendly apartments
Top of the Terrace – Dining Room
Serving breakfast and lunch 8:30 am-1:00 pm.
Dinner from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm
Take in the lovely views of Ann Arbor’s Old West Side neighborhood from our 8th floor dining room, while enjoying a meal prepared by our chef. Lurie Terrace offers complete dining room service Monday-Friday, for residents and their guests. At dinner, residents have the option of four delicious entrees including a vegetarian choice. View or download a sample of our monthly dinner menu here.
We encourage residents to take out food from either the dinner or breakfast/lunch menu to reheat and enjoy over the weekend, when meal service is not available.
Lurie Terrace residents have created many enjoyable activities to suit their interests and lifestyles.
Active groups include an entertainment committee, a book club, a writing group, yoga and exercise classes, art coaching, a variety of card clubs, flower and vegetable gardening, and many more. Participate in any of our Residential Council’s planned events, which include anything from movie nights to concerts to Bingo – all with your friends and neighbors here at Lurie Terrace Apartments.
Many independent providers offer convenient services that help ensure the comfort of our residents:
- Ann Arbor Transportation Authority (AATA) offers grocery shopping trips with front door pick up and drop off, and senior discounted local bus and taxi services
- Ann Arbor YMCA is conveniently located just a block away for your fitness and healthy living activities.
- Ann Arbor District Library refreshes our lending library with new reading selections each month.
- Visiting Nurses offers a yearly flu shot clinic.
- Grace Home Health Care provides a Chair Exercise class on Tuesday from 10:00 am until 11:00 am.
- Evolve Yoga Studio offers a Gentle Yoga class on Wednesdays from 1:00-2:00 pm.
- Washtenaw Dairy offers a selection of food deliveries
- Many local businesses deliver and provide services to the residents. (The office and other residents will offer recommendations.)
- A Catholic Mass is offered on the first Tuesday of each month at 3:30 pm, and Communion Services are every Thursday at 8:30 am. All Services are in the Activities Room on the 8th floor.
The Residents’ Council at Lurie Terrace serves as the planning, service and representative organization for Lurie Terrace residents. The Residents’ Council works to communicate and cooperate with the Board of Directors to address issues generally affecting residents, their quality of life and the community.
All residents of Lurie Terrace are members of the Council and have full voting rights. Residents are invited and encouraged to participate in monthlhy meetings and in the activities and volunteer services for fellow residents sponsored and encouraged by the Council.
Ann Arbor offers many life enriching resources including those listed here:
- Ann Arbor District Library
- Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild
- Ann Arbor YMCA
- Kerrytown Concert House
- Kerrytown Farmers Market
- Burns Park Players
- Ann Arbor Senior Center
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
- Turner Senior Resource Center